They Cry Peace

Ecclesiastes 3:8 "A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace." To cry for peace in the midst of war is noble; to lay down the weapons before the enemy surrenders or is destroyed is suicide for oneself and genocide for those you are fighting to protect.

Name:

A baby boomer, I lived through the 60's and even then thought the peaceniks were over the edge. I was born again August 18, 1968, participated in the Jesus People phenomenon in Minneapolis, married, raised 2 wonderful people, a son and a daughter, both too far away to see often. Someday.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Last Chapter

I see the US as a super athelete, heady with success, who became fat and happy, relaxed, assumed too much, and allowed itself to be nibbled by the ducks it used to have in a row, all the while unaware of the splits and schisms that are seeping into the skin with one virus after another. This athletic giant beat two worldwide foes simultaneously, cleaned up the mess, and later toppled an idealogy without firing a shot. It has become drunk with prosperity and left the doors unlocked in a house controlled by a disfunctional family that rivals that of a crack house in a bad part of town.

Is this generation the last chapter in the book? I've read it. We, the pure and holy bride of Christ, wins. But I'm afraid the mighty US of A is not a key player in the final battles. I'm afraid the athelete is too slow and out of shape to haul out the Bowflex and make a comeback without a great deal more time. I really hope we're not running out of time. If we can elect strong leaders, maybe we can pull out of this fire.

Do not confuse the church with the nation. This nation was founded on Judeo Christian beliefs only for the most part, mostly from a secular generalist perspective. Our portion of the body of Christ by accident of birth was located within the borders of the USA. We are not taking full advantage of our government guaranteed freedoms in combating the threatened coup from within by being the salt and light we were told to be. When I say we win, I mean the pure and holy shining Bride of Christ. Right now she needs a hot shower. Sadly and with big gulps of air, I point out that her purity depends on the discipline of persecution. Did not Yeshua Himself say we would have trouble? If the flabby athelete isn't able to resist the political diseases already at work, she will suffer here in the US as she already is in Sudan and other parts of muslim controlled portions of the globe.

I know with certainty it's late in the day. Just when the sun sets is not predictable but the signs are all around us.

I want to lay out those signs on this site. If I say something you don't agree with, if I don't have it straight, if I leave out something you see as critical, and you don't join in --- oh well. I guess I have the last word on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home